Recent or Forthcoming Publications
- Where is an Oil Shock?, with Kristie Engemann and Michael Owyang, Journal of Regional Science, Forthcoming.
- Personal-Bankruptcy Cycles, with Tom Garrett, Macroeconomic Dynamics, Forthcoming.
- Biofuel Subsidies and International Trade, with Subhayu Bandyopadhyay and Sumon Bhaumik, Economics and Politics, Forthcoming.
- Discordant City Employment Cycles, with Michael Oywang and Jeremy Piger, Regional Science and Urban Economics, March 2013.
- The Employment Cycles of Neighboring Cities, Regional Science and Urban Economics, January 2013.
- Cross-Border Lobbying in Preferential Trading Agreements: Implications for External Tariffs, with Subhayu Bandhyopadhyay and Sajal Lahiri, Review of International Economics, November 2012.
- Ethnic Networks and Trade: Intensive vs. Extensive Margins, with Cletus Coughlin, Economics Letters, October 2011.
Current Research Projects
- Forecasting National Recessions Using State-Level Data, with Michael Oywang and Jeremy Piger, Revision and resubmission requested.
- Beggar Thy Neighbor: The Effects of Tax Credits Under the Missouri Quality Jobs Program.
- The Blind Men and the Elephant: A Methodological Synthesis of Hayek and Friedman
- State Education Production Functions Redux
- K-12 Education: More
Spending Doesn’t Help, But Better Spending Might, with Erin Kalkbrenner.
- Does the US Economy
Exist? with Jaya Dey.